Verdura ring, highly textured 18K gold set with teardrop shaped turquoises and a convex center of pave diamonds, marked
KOLOMAN MOSER attr. (1868-1918) Austria
PORTOIS & FIX Vienna, Austria
Secessionist center table c. 1902
Exotic wood with brass inlaid squares, brass stretcher and feet with nickel-plated sabots
Marks: No. 29378 (inventory paper label), oval metal plaque in Russian with No. 798
***This table was likely exhibited at the 1902 Moscow Exhibition of Architecture and Applied Art and that is perhaps the reason for the Russian metal plaque.
For more information see: Art in Vienna, Peter Vergo (London: Phaidon Press Ltd., 1975), p. 139, footnote 88, p. 247.
H: 29” x W: 29” x L: 42 1/4”
CELLINI-CRAFT Evanston, Ill
Grand “Argental” center piece bowl c. 1934
Hand wrought and hand hammered aluminum in a curvacious ovoid form with applied curlique handles.
Marks: ARGENTAL, XXX, HANDWROUGHT
H: 3 1/4″ x D: 13 3/4″ x L: 21″
CELLINI CRAFT was founded by Walter Gerlach & Hans Gregg in 1914.
The company created jewelry and tableware and was noted for their use of aluminum alloy “Argental.” In 1957 Cellini Craft was purchased by Julius Randahl. In 1965 the patterns and rights to “Argental” were sold to Reed & Barton.